TESTIMONIAL FROM A HAPPY YOGI!
“I just want to say a huge thank you for everything – I have gained so much from all the yoga sessions I’ve been to with you over the past few months, it has helped me to cope much better with all the various stresses I have. It has also given me a much more positive and stronger outlook, and I’m happier and more at peace!” JI Winchester
- GENERAL YOGA CLASSES http://www.mindedyogawinchester.co.uk/general-yoga-classes/
- “YOGA TO HELP REDUCE ANXIETY” (some FREE places) http://www.mindedyogawinchester.co.uk/new-class-yoga-to-invite-inner-stillness-boost-immunity-and-bring-a-better-nights-sleep/
- 8 WEEK YOGA, MINDFULNESS & MEDITATION COURSE TO REDUCE STRESS, ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION NEXT COURSE STARTS AUTUMN 2022 ….please register your interest by email email@example.com http://www.mindedyogawinchester.co.uk/8-week-yoga-mindfulness-meditation-course-to-reduces-stress-anxiety-depression-25th-april-2022/
I am Judith Davis and I discovered yoga some 40 years ago just after having my two children. A bad back, probably from too much lifting of babies and toddlers, lead me to experiment with many core strengthening yoga postures. Before long, however, I realised that a bad back was not just about just working with tummy muscles, it was more a question of working holistically with the whole of the body and mind, in other words, the whole being.
Teaching from the depth of my being, I know that the body and the mind are inextricably linked.
I believe that, before we can be really free we have to grow deep roots and find a firm foundation and stability both in the mind and the body. Working with the body, we can see that to develop flexibility we first need to build strength in the muscles to give support to the body. Just like a tree – once it has grown its deep roots and foundations, then the branches and leaves can be available to move about freely in the wind and air. We too, once we have ensured we are well and truly grounded, can find our freedom of movement and flexibility in the body and creativity of mind.
I was taught in recent years by Steve Harrison of the Yoga Sanctuary in Southampton. My teaching is free flowing and natural, with movement entwined around the breath. The yoga postures flow imperceptibly one from the other, just as the inhale transfers silkily into the exhale…. My aim is for students to leave my classes feeling deeply relaxed, rejuvenated, revived, strengthened and toned – equally ready to face a busy day or a deep night’s sleep.
Initially, I trained at The Yoga Sanctuary, Southampton, on a 200-hour Teacher Training Course, followed by an Advanced Training on the Philosophy of Yoga
In 2013 I undertook an 18 month 500- Hour Minded Institute Yoga Therapy Course in London with Heather Mason http://themindedinstitute.com/ As a result I have a Yoga Therapy and Yoga Practice, Minded Yoga Winchester.
In 2020 I qualified as a Yoga In Healthcare Practitioner enabling me to teach yoga in the NHS working with local GP practices both privately and running a 10 week yoga course.
I teach in the following ways, continually wishing to deepen my practice and share the wonderful world of yoga with others:
- privately (one-to-one yoga or yoga therapy for stress and stress related disorders such as depression and anxiety)
- general classes
- in Her Majesty’s Prison Winchester
- at Southampton University
- in companies, large and small
- leading the renowned Eight-Week Course to Reduce Stress and Enhance Well-Being
- with the Yoga in Healthcare Alliance working in the NHS
I have been a Supervisor for The Minded Institute since 2014 and offer supervision and support for Yoga Therapists https://themindedinstitute.com/supervisor-support-for-yoga-therapy-teachers/judith-davis/ and have recently been appointed a Director of the Yoga in Healthcare Alliance taking Yoga into the NHS https://www.yogainhealthcarealliance.com/details-of-the-programme/
If you are interested in any of the above please contact me at http://www.mindedyogawinchester.co.uk/contact-us/
“The Buddha was asked, “what have you gained from meditation?” He replied “nothing!” However, let me tell you what I have lost: anger, anxiety, depression, insecurity, fear of old age and death…”